We all have our favorite comfort and health foods that we love to eat all the time. Now here is a list of 5 foods that you should be sure are in your diet each week.
- Fish. Salmon and Tuna in particular are very oily fish containing lots of Omega-3 fatty acid. The fish oil helps protect the skin and keep us happy and healthy. Fish oils have been thought to lift depression, improve heart and gut health and decrease joint pain. Adding fish into your regular diet is incredibly beneficial for most people, with a wide variety of types and ways to cook it, having fish on a weekly basis shouldn’t be too hard.
- Green Vegetables. Foods such as green beans and broccoli are needed in a regular diet to help fight off diseases, and keep a balanced amount of fiber and other nutrients the body needs. Kale is great because it is low calories and packed with Vitamin C and K as well as plenty of antioxidants. Try pinterest and other websites for creative ways to incorporate kale and other veggies into your regular diet.
- Oats. In addition to being a warm filling breakfast or snack, oats helps lower cholesterol and keeps the heart healthy. Including oats or oatmeal in your regular diet can decrease your risk for heart attack. Even in the form of a yummy cookie, oats are always beneficial.
- Blueberries. Packed with antioxidants to help fight off bacteria infections such as Urinary Tract Infections, heart disease and age related memory loss. With just a ½ cup of blueberries you get one whole serving of fruit. Sprinkle them into your yogurt, oatmeal or on your pancakes to start the day off right. Avoid cooking the blueberries, as it cooks out most of the Vitamin C.
- Tea. One of the most powerful antioxidants you can consume, more so than fruits and vegetables. Helping break down bad cholesterol, it helps protect against heart disease and stroke. Green and Black teas are great for a morning pick-me-up, too.
Check back next time to learn about 3 science-based benefits of massage.